Whether you’re shopping for presents, waiting to pick up the perfect dessert or checking out a holiday performance, chances are you’ll spend a good deal of time standing in line this season.
- Spread your toes out as wide as you can and hold for a few seconds and then bring them back to neutral.
- Stand on one foot while you rotate the opposite ankle and then switch legs.
- To stretch your calves, lean forward on your toes keeping your legs straight. Bend your knees a little bit, just 5 to 10 degrees, and then straighten them.
- Tighten the muscles in your thighs and bottom and hold for 5 seconds and then release.
- Tuck your butt underneath while sticking your bellybutton out then switch and stick your butt out. This pelvic tilt can be a very small movement, but it is great for taking the pressure off your lower back.
- Roll your shoulders backwards several times and then push your shoulder blades together to stretch out your chest.
- Open our hands as wide as you can and then gently close them.
- In addition to stretching, shift your weight and alter your stance every 3 to 5 minutes to give your body a postural break.