The following are ways we are working together to protect the health of each individual patient:
- If you or someone in your household has had recent fever, cough, worsening asthma, or shortness of breath, please first call our office to reschedule your appointment. If you have any of these symptoms, stay at home and call your doctor.
- If you are physically vulnerable to infection and/or have concerns about your health, please inform you treating doctor so we can take specific precautions.
- Families, drivers, and guests are welcome to remain together in the clinical area.
- You will be taken to a private room shortly upon arrival.
- All staff in the office are screened 3 times per day to ensure each person does not demonstrate symptoms of respiratory infection.
- Treatment tables and equipment are cleaned between each use.
- Public use surfaces (counter tops, door knobs, etc) are cleaned regularly.
We have chosen the above strategy based on a combination of biomedical and societal factors. Since we are a healthcare facility that does not directly treat infectious disease, we will continue to provide in-office care for musculoskeletal disorders (spine, muscle, and movement-related health problems). If a patient has both a musculoskeletal disorder and symptoms of infectious illness, our doctors may advise the patient over the phone or via telehealth rather than in-office consultation. As such, patients may continue to access chiropractic care at this office. We are committed to adhering to evidence-informed precautions to protect the health of more vulnerable patients.