March 29th, 2020
We are OPEN as usual. Also, patients may schedule a telehealth visit with one of our doctors. We closely follow local and national public health updates. Both Memphis and Bartlett list us as an essential business. Additionally, attending a doctor’s visit is considered to be an essential activity. As the situation with COVID-19 evolves, we will post updates to our operations on this page.
The following are ways we are working together to protect your health:
- If you or someone in your household has had recent fever, cough, worsening asthma, or shortness of breath, please first call our office to discuss rescheduling your appointment. (source)
- To maintain social distance, drivers and other guests who do not have an appointment should wait in their car as opposed to the reception area. (source)
- All staff in the office are screened twice daily to ensure symptom-free status. (source)
- Doctors and therapists will continue to wash their hands prior to each individual patient visit. (source)
- Treatment tables and equipment will be cleaned between each use.
- Public use surfaces (counter tops, door knobs, etc) are regularly cleaned.
We have chosen the above strategy based on a combination of biomedical and societal factors. Since we are a healthcare facility that does not directly treat infectious disease, we are able to focus in-office procedures on treatment of musculoskeletal disorders (spine, muscle, and movement-related health problems). If a patient has both a musculoskeletal disorder and symptoms of infectious illness, our doctors may advise the patient over the phone or via telehealth rather than in-office consultation. As such, patients may continue to access chiropractic care at this office. We are committed to adhering to evidence-informed precautions to prevent both personal exposure to and community spread of COVID-19.